The success of The Perth Centre of Photography is dependent on the continued support by a dedicated and energetic group of volunteers. Volunteers assist in a range of important duties essential to the running of a professional art gallery. PCP runs placement programs for people who are interested in a career in the Arts. Volunteers gain experience in gallery and exhibition operations. Free membership including extra volunteer benefits are available to volunteers depending on the level of commitment.
Regular volunteers who have worked more than forty hours (cumulative) and who commit to joining PCP for a 6 month period will be entitled to receive the following volunteer benefits:
- Annual PCP membership - includes all membership benefits.
- A written reference or/and skills recognition letter as required.
- Invitation to exhibit work in the annual collective exhibition.
- Invitation to attend exclusive PCP social networking and preview events.
- Free to submit work into the IRIS Award, the CLIP Award, UNCOVER or Collective.
- Experience in an industry where previous experience is often a key requisite for employment.
- The opportunity to liaise with photographic artists and art related institutions.
- The opportunity to develop new skills, opportunities and networks within the industry.
PCP is currently seeking interest for the following position:
Support volunteer/Gallery attendant
As a support volunteer you would commit to a minimum of 20 hours per month during the gallery opening hours and on occasion to prepare for exhibition openings and events.
We may request your assistance in a number of areas including:
- Reception during gallery opening hours.
- Hospitality at exhibition openings, workshops or artist floor talks.
- Assistance with workshops.
- Assistance with exhibition installation.
- Administrative support.
- General day to day gallery maintenance
Register your interest here